8.08.2005

Banjos are for Lovers

So the other day I bought a banjo. Why? Because I'm cooler than you.

Anyways, am I alone in my love for this wonderful instrument?

So here, to celebrate my growing love for the banjo, here are a few prime selections... some serious and some (definitely) not.

MP3 Sufjan Stevens - The Transfiguration (Live) (from Live Performance @ KEXP 10/13/04)
MP3 Steve Martin - You Can't Sing a Sad Song While Playing The Banjo (from SNL)
MP3 Stewie Griffin - Stewie's Banjo Song (from Family Guy)


And since this piost was kind short, here's a few links to what's up in the blog world today:

- My Old Kentucky Blog has pictures and info on last Thursday's Brenden Benson show with Robbers on High Street.

- You Ain't No Picasso beat me to a post on the Great Lake Swimmers. Definitely check these guys out.

- Stereogum is diggin the new Death Cab as well.

- Brooklyn Vegan has an updated CMJ Performer list.

- Gorilla vs. Bear has some great posts on Flake Music, Danger Doom, and on the Iron & Wine/Calexico split.

- Useless Dolphins with Radars has some of the new DCfC tracks. I'd post some, but I'm a little uneasy about posting them this early. Major labels can be scary...