7.22.2005

taKKa taKKa

I definitely didn't expect to be posting about these guys today, but they really caught my attention.

The other day I got an email from taKKa taKKa's Gabe Levine, praising my blog and offering to send me some stuff by his band. I checked out his band's website and boy was I suprised. These New Yorkers have some serious talent. What I found when I ventured to their simple (yet charming) website was a bunch of neat, folky indie/rock songs. Their sound is so familiar, but not stale. I spent a few hours last night listening to "They Built You Up Too Fast," "Joshua and Professor Faulkner," and "American Queen" trying to pinpoint who they sound like. Even after scanning thorugh my extensive iTunes library, I couldn't really put my finger on it. I heard a little bit of Yo La Tengo. A little American Analog Set. And even a little Neutral Milk Hotel. Yet those comparisions still don't really work all that well. I really can't wait to hear more.

MP3 Joshua and Prof. Faulkner
MP3 American Queen
MP3 Subway Shanty

From Fall Apart Art
MP3 Jackson
MP3 They Built You Up Too Fast

Check out their website for more info.


Yes, this is kind of short.. so expect another entry later.