7.04.2005

The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
As most of you know by now, I'm a sucker for pop music. Call it my achillies heel. But every once and a while, I don't feel bad for liking pop music. Case in point: The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir. The first thing I thought of when hearing these guys was "Wow they sound like Belle & Sebastian." Well, they do. But it's not a bad thing. Sounding like one of my favorite bands is a hell of a compliment in my mind. Since their conception in 2002, they've made quite a name for themselves in the crowded Chicago scene. Their infectious and light-hearted indie/pop sounds like something you'd hear on the High Fidelity Soundtrack, and for good reason. Give a listen if you're into Camea Obscura or Belle & Sebastian.

From 2003's I Bet You Say That To All The Boys
Image hosted by Photobucket.com She Just Wants To Move

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Sometimes I Say The Stupidest Things

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Bet You Never Thought It Would Be Like This

Hit up their website for more info and to buy their music.

___________________________________________________________________________

Odds and Ends

Largeheartedboy has some nice Live 8 torrents/downloads here.

Sufjan Stevens' new disk has officially been delayed until August 2nd.

___________________________________________________________________________

Daily Torrents

The Killers - Live @ Live 8
Athlete - Tourist