7.11.2005

Monday Mix #5

Here's the good ole Monday Mix. I'm gonna start making them 5 songs every week now, just cus it's easier to assemble. However, I will be offering all of the songs individually for download, thanks to my new server space and bandwidth.

Remember, please "right click and save as."

Here's the goods:

1. Matt Pond PA - New Hampshire (Live @ KEXP)
Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love Matt Pond PA. Here's one of their most well known songs (thanks to the O.C.) performed live for those wonderful people over at KEXP.

2. Sufjan Stevens - The 50 States Song (Live @ Lee's Palace)
This anthem is a must have for any Sufjan fan. It's clever (with the great line "Visit Nebraska, there's nothing to do!") and very Sufan-ish in it's beauty. Download it. Now.

3. The Mountain Goats - Golden Jackal Song (From New Asian Cinema)
I love John Darnielle. His songs are poignant and a graceful, even with his sharp pronounciation. This is kind of an oldie, but I love it. It's classic Mountain Goats.

4. Marzuki - Newmantra (from No One Likes a Nervous Wreck)
This is Sufjan Stevens' old band. They're really quite good. Sufjan played the whistles and accordian, among others. It's beautiful folk/indie music. If you like Sufjan, you should like Marzuki.

5. The New Amsterdams - Strangled By the Thought (All I Want Is You) (From Killed or Cured Demos)
Yea, I know, I'm a sucker for an emotional acoustic song. Matt Pryor will always have a piece of my heart for his role in the Get Up Kids. However, since they are no more, I'll take The New Amsterdams. With all their Folk/Americana/Emo/Indie goodness.


Tomorrow I'll be uploading another KEXP performance from one of my favorite bands. Who? Well... they're Canadian if that helps any.

___________________________________________________________________________

Odds and Ends

Holy crap... I've mentioned on one of my favorite music blogs: Brooklyn Vegan.

If you love Sufjan Stevens, join All Good Naysayers, a great new message board. There are live show downloads and a bunch of useless info. Plus, yours truly is a Mod.