7.02.2005

The All-American Rejects

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Don't look at me like that. Or scoff at the notion of these guys. They are so damn catchy and I'm just a sucker for good pop music. They've finished their second full length and it's awaiting it's release July 12. They've made the jump from an indie label (Doghouse) to a major (Interscope), but they're still making catchy-as-hell pop music. I know, these guys aren't "cool" or anything anymore but I don't really care. Move Along initially struck me as boring and more of the same, which I chalk up to listening to too much "good" music lately. But after a few spins, it grew on me and I released that "more of the same" wasn't a bad thing in this case. I'm not afraid to admit these guys have a place in heart and in my iPod.

From 2005's Move Along
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Dirty Little Secret

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Dance Inside

Buy their music and check out their website.

___________________________________________________________________________

Odds and Ends

The first portions of the line up for this years CMJ has been announced. Wow is that line up sexy (The Arcade Fire, Wolf Parade, John Vanderslice, Of Montreal, The Hold Steady, Lucero, Motion City Soundtrack, Annie, Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah, Denison Witmer, !!! (CHK CHK CHK), Cary Brothers, Nightmare of You, Dressy Bessy, etc.). And to think, there's more to be announced.

Due to legal action over the use of image of Superman on the album cover, Ashmatic Kitty has delayed pre-orders of Sufjan Stevens new disk, Illinois.

AOL is streaming Live 8 performances here.