6.12.2005

Here we go again...

So I've decided to try this again. I'm strangely motivated in all aspects of my life lately, so hopefully I can keep this going. I usually have a good amount of free time and maybe this will become a good use of it.

Just a quick post for now.

You Ain't No Picasso pointed out to me yesterday that the amazing (and my current favorite) Sufjan Stevens is coming to Newport, KY in September; his only stop in the next few months anywhere near me. Needless to say, I've already bought tickets. $12 advance tickets are definitely worth it. Interested? Get them here (scroll about halfway down... but also take note of some damn good shows coming up including Travis Morrison, Brendon Benson, and Xiu Xiu). The Southgate House is one of the few things that makes me actually wish I still lived in Cincinnati.

The new White Stripes album, Get Behind Me Satan is actually pretty good. But you didn't hear me say that. Want to hear it? It's here and here (the password is tws).

Common's new album, Be is the first hip/hop album I've listened to in a long, long time. The title song is one of my favorite songs in the last month or so. Get it here if you want.

Death Cab for Cutie is aparently close to finishing their major label debut, Plans. Stereogum has a tenative (and out of order) tracklisting and a live track. Check it here.

Since I'm off work tom., I'll most likely have another entry. More then.