6.14.2005

Antony and the Johnsons

I was saving this for tomorrow, but it's done, so what the hell....

FEATURED: Antony and the Johnsons


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Androgyny never was my favorite topic (besides SNL's Pat), but I guess I can ignore it in this case. Yea, yea I know I'm way late on this one, but Antony and the Johnsons deserve all the attention they can get. Antony's quivering voice gives me chills everytime I listen to them. It's rare that something can seem so fresh and new, but feel so established and perfectly aged at the same time. But Antony and Co. do just that. I Am A Bird Now feels like a great soul/blues album from the 40's, but still sets itself apart. Featuring Rufus Wainwright, Lou Reed, Devandra Bernhart, Boy George, and more, the album pays great homage to the great blues/soul albums of the past. Definitely worth a listen.

From 2005's I Am A Bird Now
Image hosted by Photobucket.comHope There's Someone
Image hosted by Photobucket.comHope There's Someone (Video)

From Live at the Knitting Factory NYC, Jan. 2001
Image hosted by Photobucket.comGod With No Tear

Check out their website and buy their music here or here.
___________________________________________________________________________

Odds and Ends

It looks like Phil Jackson is coaching the Lakers again. It doesn't matter, I still think Kobe is overrated.

After all the courtroom drama, I guess Michael Jackson really is a "Smooth Criminal."

The L.A. Times has interesting article on Morgan Spurlock's (of Super Size Me fame) new televison show 30 Days.

Tom Cruise has really lost it.

He be fast.. Man.

The New York Times has a review of last weekends Bonaroo Festival here.

This had me laughing harder than anything in recent memory. (Give it a few minutes to load, it's a pretty big file)

___________________________________________________________________________

Daily Torrents

The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Nuclear. Sad Nuclear
Drive-By Truckers - Live @ Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill, NC 10/10/2003**
Neutral Milk Hotel - Live @ Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill, NC 3/4/1998**
Doug: Complete Season 1**

(**=Requires Registration)
___________________________________________________________________________

Random Downloads

Random Family Guy Music
Rivers and Matt (of Weezer) - Undone/The Sweater Song (Live) (VIDEO)